Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 101 - Snuggly Snowflake on a cold day, explaining Flight of the Conchords to a Kiwi, empanadas and llama brooch

1, 2, 3, 4, tell me that you love me more:
  1. When my alarm went off this morning, I checked the temperature outside. It was 7 degrees. 7 friggin' degrees. And it's not even winter yet. I was still in a limbo between asleep and awake when Snowflake waltzed across the bed, stepped all over my frozen body, and somehow snuggled herself UNDER the side of my face that was resting against my pillow. Then she purred like the world's tiniest lawnmower. She had effectively made me use her thigh as a pillow.

  2. When the temperature drops, Snowflake's affection goes up. And that has made all the difference to a c-c-cold morning of 7 degrees.

  3. The Flight of the Conchords announced today that they will be touring Australia - woo hoo! I asked Michelle if she knew of them (they're Kiwi and she's Kiwi, so surely.....), to my surprise she had never heard of them! I tried explaining, "Those 2 funny guys from New Zealand, you know? One of them's ugly but funny looking? Kinda hairy? They sing funny songs and are really funny? You know? Nooo I'm sure you know them.." but was met with a blank expression from Michelle.

    I showed her the video of my favourite Flight of the Conchords song and could not stop sniggering:


  4. When I came home, I was greeted by the fragrant aroma of something delicious. Michael made empanadas from our Neil Perry cookbook and was taking them out of the oven as I stepped in. So awesome.

  5.  Li Jun showed me this adorable felt llama brooch - too cute!
    Source: Little happy stitches on Etsy

4 comments:

  1. "Those 2 funny guys from New Zealand, you know? One of them's ugly but funny looking? Kinda hairy? They sing funny songs and are really funny? You know? Nooo I'm sure you know them.."

    I think your descriptions need a bit of work Sammie lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left out "big furry sideburns", no wonder Michelle had no idea what I was talking about!

      Delete
  2. I never did get pass the first episode of flight of the conchords :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww they're not for everyone, but I find them hysterical!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...