Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 135 - Simple joys

Today, it was about spotting and appreciating little, simple joys:
  1. Witnessing multitasking in all its glory - I watched a girl having soup. On a moving tram. With a spoon. While she was reading a book. It looked like there were little wontons in the soup. Human beings never cease to amaze me.

  2. Seeing 4 girls sharing 1 umbrella.

  3. Feeling light rain gently falling on my face. When I gazed up to the night sky, the rain droplets looked like snowflakes dancing in the wind...

  4. ...while I listened to one of my favourite Jay Chou songs, 七里香 (qi li xiang - common orange jasmine). As Jay crooned about "not bearing to eat up a feeling", and about "writing his eternal love for you into his poem's ending", I couldn't help but smile and feel incredibly grateful for my Chinese education - his lines are so abstruse yet eloquently and beautifully gut-wrenching, but they simply lose impact and depth when translated. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh hai you missed 2 days 881

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH!! It's already started :P (the laziness)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backdate posting is great for my laziness!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Says the guy whose last post was 5th of Jan

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...