Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 285 - Ice cream on a bad day

There's no way to sugar-coat this - today was a shit day.

It all started when I woke up feeling unsettled, unrested, annoyed and exhausted. Then hours later I got a call from a cunning elderly woman who wanted to sell me income protection. I know I probably brought this onto myself due to my stupidity as I usually politely answer a few questions when I get these calls as I somehow feel bad for them, but man this woman was a sly old coyote.. after answering a gazillion questions, before I knew it, she was asking me for my credit card details?!

That was when I cracked it. I lost my shit. I don't lose my shit very often and I don't like it when I do - it's like I'm possessed! My crazy angry eyes take over, my tone hardens, it feels like my heart's caught in my throat, I get light headed and I lose control over what I say, heck most of the time I don't even know what I hurl out of my mouth, but usually it's along the lines of "now you listen to me...". But it seemed to do the trick. She thanked me for my time. Goddammit I need to remember to hang up straight away next time.

The rest of the day didn't get any better. There was so much work to do, and a work colleague was being so snarky, condescending and self-righteous that I was so close to losing my shit again. But I managed to hold it together this time. I couldn't wait to get home so that I could give Snowflake a hug (which I did when I saw her sitting by the door waiting for me, and during a melodramatic moment I asked her to never leave me).

So on a crappy day like today, how do I cheer myself up?

Sometimes I indulge in some retail therapy, usually on ridiculously priced clothing or random crap I don't need. Sometimes I buy flowers for myself. Other times I crank up some music and dance and shimmy the badness away.

And sometimes I eat ice cream. Lots of ice cream.
Connoisseur Salted caramel with chocolate coated hazelnuts ice cream
It worked a treat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...