Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 322 - Waking up to Snowflake, cauliflower trees and Middle Fish

Here are a few things that made me smile today:
  1. Waking up to this.

    I want to document and record this so that I can remember in the future when I look back and reread this post. This is the sight I've been waking up to most mornings - Snowflake's eyes half open half shut, her oversized flabby belly flopped either alongside me or on my face or right next to my face. I'd open my eyes and see her lying facing me like in the photo above, her eyes fluttering as she drifted in and out of sleep. And she'd be purring loudly like a machine. It makes me smile something big every time.

    But it also makes me worry.

    You see, Snowflake has never been an affectionate cat until recent years. She was the most ferocious and feisty cat that wanted to eat my hands for dinner up until about 2 or 3 years ago when her age seemed to suddenly kick in and she practically mellowed overnight. I've always thought oh yay she's finally mellowing, she's finally being a nice cat. But over the last few months she's been RIDICULOUSLY nice and overly affectionate, always wanting to crawl onto my lap, sleep on my chest, sleep on my neck, and then even on my face

  2. Her (positive) personality change got me thinking... is she dying..?? She's 9 year old but has never gotten sick. Does she realise she's dying so she's being super nice to me?! I've even started wondering about what I had to do if she died.. who would I call? Who would take her away? Do I bury her? Where do I bury her? Who do you call for these things?!

    I know this all sounds a bit morbid, but I want to remember this. I want to remember waking up next to her almost every morning; I want to remember seeing her sitting by the door waiting for me as I walk through the door in the evening; I want to remember her purring in my arms as I hit the snooze button and give her a good morning hug; I want to remember her always insisting on sitting on my lap while I get ready for work, but is so smart that she gets off my lap immediately when I do a special signal; I want to remember her always being there for me.

  3. Marvelling at trees that look like giant cauliflowers with Dad.
  4. Cauliflower trees

  5. Middle Fish's Thai milk tea comes in this cute aluminium bowl, and they do really delicious curries.
  6. Thai ice milk tea
    Fish curry noodles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...