- The 25 most awkward cat sleeping positions. Best. Link. Ever. Soooooo cute!
- While hunting for bedsheets, I stumbled upon a pack of plain vanilla marshmallows. No one will understand how this discovery made my day. NO ONE. I freakin' love marshmallows. Years ago I could consistently find packets of plain vanilla marshmallows for sale at supermarkets everywhere, then suddenly they vanished off the shelves... the shelves were always filled with vanilla and raspberry, or vanilla and peach and raspberry, or swirls of vanilla with passionfruit, or swirls of vanilla and strawberry and forest berries... I was devastated. I don't want stupid raspberry or peach or berry flavoured marshmallows, I just want plain and simple vanilla ones for Chrissake! I would only come across packets of plain vanilla ones once every couple of years - I kid you not.
So when I saw this today, I literally gasped aloud and froze on the spot.
- I spotted a stingray looking face on one of Wang Wei's bags.
- I can (sort of) taste again!!!! Since falling sick over a week ago, I haven't been able to taste or smell very much. And that makes me very sad. Most things were either tasteless, bland, or had pangs of sweetness or saltiness towards the end.
I made some bacon, zucchini and lemon spaghetti yesterday, but it smelled overwhelmingly heavy and all I could taste was salt in my mouth. As I had a serving of it tonight, the savoury, salty, slightly charred aroma of bacon and refreshing notes of zingy, zesty lemon filled my nostrils and had my tastebuds doing a happy dance. Oh my gosh. It was delicious. It was a revelation.
- My smile list increased from 4 to 5 just then, when my absolute favourite Death Cab for Cutie song started playing. Knowing that I'll be seeing them in concert in just 2 weeks' time got me so excited I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Day 39 - Awkward cat sleeping positions, plain marshmallows, a face, a delicious meal and excitement
5 things today: