Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 48 - It's still my birthday!

First of all, here's a photo of Snowflake sticking a bit of her tongue out heeheehee so cute.
Tongue sticking kitty

It felt like it was my birthday all over again today!

I received my L'avion Plume silk scarf in the mail today - its absolutely gorgeous. I love it to bits, as it features an illustration of Thumbelina sized girls lazing amongst peonies from one of my all-time favourite artists, Kelly Smith. I adore the idea of wearable art.
L'avion Plume scarf

And this is what the scarf looks like.


Much to my delight, Brett brought me to Vue De Monde for my birthday dinner. Hungry

I'm so full I can hardly type, so I will let the pictures do the talking. The photos are rather blurry as it was so dark in there! Here are a few of my favourites dishes for the night:

Spanner crab "sandwich"
Spanner crab sandwich

"Breakfast" - fried duck egg, sausage of lamb sweetbreads, pickled onion, onion rings and copious amounts of shaved black truffle
Breakfast

Construct-your-own crayfish sandwich
Crayfish sandwich, black caviar

Barramundi and.... I can't remember. Details to come!
Barra

Perfectly cooked duck, complete with duck tongues (which surprisingly tastes a lot like crackling) - I do not think I have had better duck than this
Ducky

Blackmore wagyu beef
Blackmore wagyu beef

Lemon meringue, lemon curd, dehydrated white chocolate
Lemon meringue

Tonka bean soufflé with smoked cocoa ice cream
Tonka bean soufflé with smoked cocoa ice cream

There were many glasses of matched wine involved as well, obviously, including my favourite champagne, Dom Pérignon Vintage 2002. Dom Perignon 2002

It certainly was dinner with a million dollar view.
The view from the top

It sure was nice to feel like a birthday girl again!
Satisfied Vue De Monde eater

3 comments:

  1. Only about $650,000 view la...hahaha.
    Looks like someone's really living it up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like $7 million actually! http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/the-new-vue-a-sneak-peek-inside-shannon-bennetts-new-venture-20101004-163lp.html

      Haha I've been totally spoilt this year!

      Delete
  2. ehh you need the perfect sunset to make it 7 million! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...