Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 56 - Finding little joys on a stinking hot day

Today, on this ridiculously hot and insufferable day of 38 degrees, I...

  1. Wished Snowflake good morning.
  2. Snowflake and I say hi

  3. Swooned over the most amazing pork belly crackling at Cafe Gaia (which made me slightly delirious after).
  4. Twice cooked pork belly

  5. Felt weak in the knees over all the pastel pink prettiness at Target's hair accessories section.
  6. Pastel pink prettiness

  7. Found it extremely difficult to not buy EVERYTHING at Burch and Purchese. I am utterly in love with that place - there are so many delightful, yummy goodies to ooh and ahh over, just inhaling the air in there makes me giddy with sugary excitement!
  8. Burch & Purchese's explosive banana rubble
    Meringue clouds

  9. Learned how to properly swear in Chinese. 
  10. Guide to dirty chinese

  11. Sighed at the sight of heart shaped spoons.
  12. Heart shaped spoons

  13. Giggled when I stumbled upon Snowflake's twin on Tiny Owl Knits.



  14. Source: Tiny Owl Knits 

  15. Felt extremely lucky and grateful that Brett willingly (or so I think) accompanies me to watch sappy, girly flicks like The Vow without putting up a fight, and watches Grey's Anatomy regularly with me - so much that he paused the show and gave me a full recap when I asked, "Who's that guy? Is that their baby? Is this a continuation from the last episode?? Errr what happened in the last episode???" midway through Season 8 Episode 16.

I remembered something I read from Marc and Angel's blog not too long ago. When I first came across it, I thought it encapsulated exactly what motivated me to start this blog - to capture, document and remember the little joys:

Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments – Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things. The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.

Today, despite the stifling heat, was a day full of beautiful small moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...