Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 272 - Comfort food

I woke up to the sad news that confirmed the grave fear I expressed yesterday for Jill Meagher - 6 days after her disappearance, her body had been found. She had fallen victim to rape and murder.

I found myself, along with what felt like the rest of the nation, devastated over this tragic ending and felt intense sorrow for the loss of Jill's life, even though most of us had never met her. In a way, this case has touched so many of us because not only did it happen in our backyards, it could have been any one of us. My friends and even myself have gone out for drinks and headed off home alone afterwards countless times. This has really hit home and come as a reminder that we really must be more vigilant.

My smile today came in the form of comfort food to lift my dampened mood - ice milo (my beverage of choice when I'm back in Penang)

and paper-thin, sweet roti tisu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...